Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011


It only makes sense to start this off with what I think is the "perfect" treat...the cupcake.
What better way to enjoy a sweet, moist cake, then by hand?  Or breakfast? I must admit that I have an obsession with the cupcake.  I want it to have a personality of its own...When I photographed this particular one, it screamed to me in glory!  Look at me!  Look at me!  The pink sparkling sugar thrown on top of the robes of luscious buttercream only add to the comfort of soft white fluffy cake.  An angel in disguise....almost too beautiful to eat.  I said almost....

ANGEL CUPCAKES

Makes 24 cup cakes

2 Sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin cups in muffin pan.
  2. Beat butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl with mixer on high speed 1 minute or until well blended.  Add eggs; beat 2 minutes or until fluffy.  Reduce speed to low and beat in milk and vanilla (batter may look curdled) then beat in flour just until blended.  Using a ladle, I fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. 
  3. Bake 30 minutes.  Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.  Cool completely and then dress in buttercream.....


VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING


2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
1 jar (7.5 oz) marshmallow cream (I use Marshmallow Fluff)
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Beat butter in medium bowl with mixer on medium speed until creamy.  Beat in marshmallow cream. When well blended, beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.  Increase speed to high and beat 3 to 4 minutes until fluffy.



No comments:

Post a Comment