Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

For the Soul



What feeds your soul?  Is it the moment your child grasps your hand?  Is it a good book you can disappear in?  Is it a kiss?  I have many moments in each day that feed my soul...
I also have some good recipes I know will never disappoint me in the process!  I was never a fan of the red and white soup in a can, at least not the Chicken Noodle!  When I eat Chicken Noodle Soup, I want it to fill my soul....And my recipe will do that!  It will also help comfort any sick children you have in the house, or a husband needing attention...


CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP (FOR YOUR SOUL)
SERVES 6

3 chicken breast, bone in, skin on
Olive oil
Kosher salt
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2 1/2 quarts chicken stock
3 stalks celery, diced
1 medium onion, diced
4 carrots, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups egg noodles (I prefer dumpling style)
1 tsp. thyme

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper.  Roast for 40 minutes, or until its cooked through.  When its cooled enough, remove the meat from the bones, throw out the skin, and shred or dice the chicken meat!

I put about 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pot, and then I add the celery, the onion, and carrots.  Saute until onion is soft and translucent.  Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.  Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer.   Once it begins to simmer, add egg noodles.  I simmer mine for about 15-20 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked.  Add the cooked chicken meat and thyme.  Heat through.

Let your cares go free.....

No comments:

Post a Comment