Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Peach Crumb Cake



I loved this cake!  I love peach pie, and I love peach crumble. 
Now imagine those two thrown together!  That is what this tasted like!  It was a wonderful recipe, and it was taken from Patrick & Gina Neely's cookbook, "Downhome with The Neely's."   I have used many of their recipes and have adapted them to my own liking.  This one however, needed no changing!!!  They recommend it for sleep-late brunches, and call it Sinners' Brunch Peach Crumb Cake, (for anyone who has had a little too much fun the night before)...
They recommend serving it brunch style, with hash browns, eggs, bacon, etc.  and peach Bellinis to go with it! 
I made it for desert, but ate it for breakfast with my coffee, and for an after lunch sweet as well!!! 
I will recommend plenty of cookbooks during my blog journey, and this is one cookbook I repeatedly use!   I recommend buying it, not only for this delicious cake, but for many of the other recipes, that bring the South home to your family and friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment